Wednesday, December 8, 2010

the holy grail

I've been hoping to go to the Alameda Point Antiques Faire for some time, but I've always had something else do on that first Sunday of every month (for the past two years!). Finally, this past Sunday I got my wish. Though it was rainy, I had the best time! I've never seen so many treasures in one place. I went with the hopes of finding some antique champagne glasses, but didn't want to get my hopes up, because of course you never find something if you're looking for it ... But, GASP, I did! I found eight of the most perfect champagne coupes you could ever hope to find! They're dainty, in perfect condition, with the sweetest sprinkling of etched starbursts. I bought them from the kindest man, who told me the glasses are from the 1920's and that he always picks them up when he finds them. He even gave me a little discount. I'm counting down till the first Sunday of January. Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...